Sunday 24 May 2015

Saya cuma mau kerja sementara...

That was my answer when I was interviewed for a GP post 20 years ago. 

I continued and said: "Saya nak ambil FRACGP"

Being someone who was just back to Malaysia 4 years prior to the interview , i was misled by my own assumption!

I thought that a gp status in Malaysia was as respected, loved as in Australia. 

Being a distinction holder in Primary Care during undergraduate training, there was a special spot of love and interest deep in my heart to undertake gp for my future  pursuit. Never that I knew, that gps were regarded as " waste basket" option, meant mainly if not only for those who flung in their local master training of any ,or for those who had given up and sick with the system or where gov service had  become second option to sometg like family..  Not like at least at my time in Australia : top students would  take up gps, the same thing alike in the UK..

But, maybe  my first love to treat "patients" rather than treat "diseases" had somehow channeled me to choose the line ..

Well , I must admit there were other reasons that  made me to quit goverment service at that time, but my passion  in helping, listening and loving my patients as what I cud see happening in gp clinics had lured me to enter the "world" of gp.. 
 Caption: this was where, the interview took place..

Next:
1)  patients are and always be MY TEACHERs!
2) I OPENED the door and called En. NAJIB sila masuk...  and that surprised my boss who then offered immediate increment .. 


No comments:

Post a Comment